Art Journal - Create Imagine Inspire

Hello everyone,

Sharing another art journal layout with you all. This art journal is inspired from Vicky's Style art journal. I enjoyed watching her how-to video. Loved the colors and elements she used in this page. 
For this page she has added a zipper to make even more interesting.

This was more than enough for me to get started. I started collecting stuff to start with.
I got this old zipper resting in my stash. I colored it with Pearl metalic acrylic color to make it more interesting.



The zipper was originally Blue.

Anyway I prepared my background by first covering all of it in diluted texture paste. Then I added Fabrica's Golden turmeric colour to whole layout with wet tissue papers.



Then I used Tim Holtz Burlap stencil all over the page with my texture paste.



I added some more Golden turmeric and dark brown color to make it look like old burlap piece.. But needless to say i totally failed :D

I tried fitting zipper. But I could not make it work, since I had not taken proper care while taking measurements. Luckily I got another zipper with a smaller slider which was a perfect fit.



I made some paper rulers to add to my page.
I glued down 3 paper strips on my platform. I added inch lines with the black marker.



then added numbers to rulers using Tim Holtz worn text stamps. These are my favorite. You must have noticed how messy I am. That platform looks terrible in picture.



I inked my rulers with Artistry inks - Dark wine and Old Parchment to make them look more vintage.

I sketched dress forms on different paper, colored them and fuzzy cut them .



Added both of these dress forms on my page. Cut the excess part with scissors.


I added other elements on the page. This sewing machine is stamped and and cut from a different paper. Used Tim holtz blueprint assortment stamps.

Made this little hanger using craft wire



I have colored inside of zipper with acrylic Black. Finally I added stitched border to whole layout with white gel pen. I splattered diluted white acrylic color with small brush to add some interest to the background.

Here are some pictures of final layout





Thank you all for visiting.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In love with paper flowers..

Love making miniatures!!

Art Journal - So many Books, So little time